Tuesday, November 16, 2010

a conversation i once had at a bar.

“Hi.”

“Hi,”

“Hows it going?”

“Pretty well. Where are you from?”

“Guess.”

“Australia.”

“The other one.”

“The other one?”

“Yea, the other one.”

“England?”

“No. The other one.”

“The other one of what?”

“Australia.”

“I thought you weren’t from Australia?”

“Im not.”

“ok. I’m Amanda.”

“Tristan.”

“Where’s Isolde?”

“What?”

“ok.”

“So what do you do?”

“Do we really have to do this?”

“It’s what people do”

“How about what I don’t do?”

“ok.”

“I don’t play soccer.”

“Not at all?”

“That’s not part of the game, your turn.”

“I don’t like spaghetti.”

“Ok we can do that too. I don’t like black holes.”

“What? That’s absurd.. They are barely relevant to you.”

“That’s not true.”

“ok. So what else DON’T you do?”

“I’m bored with this. What do you do?”

“I’m a scientist.”

“What kind?”

“The scientific kind.”

“I feel like a lab rat whenever I am at ikea.”

“ok.”

“ok.”

“bye.”

“bye.”

No comments:

Post a Comment